MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrator can't edit own reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my site is www.nzarchitecture.net.nz
I have private password protected forum, as well as publicly viewable forums (which require moderator approval for any posts)

For some reason, since upgrading to latest version of MyBB 1.6.11, I seem to have lost the ability to edit my own reply to a user post in my public forums. (no such problem in private forum area)

This does not appear to be a forum permission setting that I have set wrongly - I checked and Administrators definitely have full editing permissions for this forum.

I can also edit other user's posts in this forum and can edit any replies I made before the upgrade. I can edit any new posts or replies in threads I start. I just can't seem to edit (or delete) a reply I made after the upgrade to an existing thread started before the upgrade. (the edit/delete options are simply missing from bottom of this particular forum post)

This suggests something about the database structure for threads was changed with the upgrade?

Alternatively, could this be caused by my replying to a post that was not yet approved at the time? I subsequently approved it - but no edit/delete controls still missing

How can I regain editing/delete access to my own administrator reply?
Have you checked group permissions? Is it affecting all the forums or only one of them? Do you have a plugin that sets post permissions?