MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB - lots of warnings in MySQL replication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
131117 1:35:06 [Warning] Statement may not be safe to log in statement format. Statement: UPDATE mybb_sessions
SET nopermission='1', location1='0', location2='0' WHERE sid='4c23fd3614fb3026fcbebe2b6e4b1f82' LIMIT 1
131117 1:35:26 [Warning] Statement may not be safe to log in statement format. Statement: UPDATE mybb_sessions
SET nopermission='1', location1='0', location2='0' WHERE sid='0015c5b6d4594f6cddc2b73b66a19557' LIMIT 1
131117 1:35:46 [Warning] Statement may not be safe to log in statement format. Statement: UPDATE mybb_sessions

I have the same problem with mybb_spiders to the extent that I had to delete them from MyBB.

Rarely in mybb_users

131002 13:01:02 [Warning] Statement may not be safe to log in statement format. Statement: UPDATE mybb_users ^M
SET postnum=postnum-1 WHERE uid='20281' LIMIT 1

and mybb_adminoptions

Would appreciate this being addressed.
All those warnings shouldn't have any negative effect. MyBB can work perfectly even if e.g. some sessions aren't updated correctly.
(2013-11-17, 10:07 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]All those warnings shouldn't have any negative effect. MyBB can work perfectly even if e.g. some sessions aren't updated correctly.

That's not the point, it's reducing performance and can cause a higher load since everytime this happens, a logfile is written on both master and slave logfiles.

Seems like a bit of a short cut to make up for some bad programming logic.
(2013-11-18, 02:43 AM)nelgin Wrote: [ -> ]That's not the point, it's reducing performance and can cause a higher load since everytime this happens, a logfile is written on both master and slave logfiles.
You may try to use another binlog format or disable logging if it's a problem for you.
(2013-11-18, 02:43 AM)nelgin Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like a bit of a short cut to make up for some bad programming logic.
E.g. the replace queries are used to avoid additional queries and race conditions. It's not bad programming logic, it's the best solution we've found for a session system. If you have a better one, feel free to help us to improve it. Otherwise we won't change it as is fast and fully-functional even with database replication.
No worries, I'm going to try other software. I'm about ready for a change anyway.