MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto-Hide reported posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to see if this was proposed or not but I didn't find something similar, so... this is my proposal:

Would be nice if, when a certain number of users (settable in Admin CP) report same post, this to be hidden automatically, (but should remain visible to OP) until when is revised by a moderator.

L.E.: please excuse me if this proposal has already been made​​.
(2013-11-18, 04:22 AM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to see if this was proposed or not but I didn't find something similar, so... this is my proposal:

Would be nice if, when a certain number of users (settable in Admin CP) report same post, this to be hidden automatically, (but should remain visible to OP) until when is revised by a moderator.

L.E.: please excuse me if this proposal has already been made​​.
It looks like a tool which someone could use to stifle discussion.
For instance, someone could make a point in a discussion which someone may disagree with or a viewpoint which may be somewhat unpopular in that specific community.

With this feature, all it would take is someone making a large number of duplicate accounts or a number of users coming together to maliciously flag reported posts in such a way especially, with duplicate accounts and it's not always that easy for staff to differentiate someone making a genuine mistake when flagging a post from a malicious user.

And where do you draw the line? What if a moderator clears the post as perfectly fine then, a large number of people reports it again?
Hi,

Your MyBB 2.0 suggestion has unfortunately been rejected. Your suggestion does not fit with the direction that MyBB is heading in as a project at this time.