MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors after database crash [URGENT]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to fix my forums again and it's quite urgent. Our entire database crashed yesterday and some tables crashed aswell. Because of this, we had to completely reinstall our entire MySQL server, but we uploaded the latest backup we had (before the crash). However, now there's a lot of errors when we're trying to upgrade our forum.

http://casualbananas.com
[Image: 1660.png]

I'd be very pleased if someone could help us to get our forum back up, we've been down for over 24 hours and we're in need of our website to inform our members.

In case you want to use instant messaging so we can have a quick conversation, please let me know. IRC, Skype, Google Hangouts, you pick.

None of the core files have changed.
Does the forum run fine if you don't upgrade? What version are you trying to upgrade from, and did you import the old backup of your MyBB tables into the MySQL server (after deleting the old ones and then importing the backup)?
you need to give yourself admin access in phpmyadmin
(2013-11-22, 02:12 AM)KnownSyntax Wrote: [ -> ]Does the forum run fine if you don't upgrade? What version are you trying to upgrade from, and did you import the old backup of your MyBB tables into the MySQL server (after deleting the old ones and then importing the backup)?
The forum kept giving errors "You have to upgrade your forum". We had to roll back to a database that was 4 days old, it's a shame, but since my forum had to go up and I didn't receive any replies, I fixed it this way. Though, we have some problems where no one can upload an avatar. If you upload a new avatar with different dimensions, it changes the dimensions (so stretches or pushes your current avatar together), but doesn't chagne the image. I've installed some PHP modules like gd2, but this doesn't seem to solve the problem. All folders are writable and deleting an avatar is also possible (also removes the file), it just doesn't upload a new one.

(2013-11-22, 02:39 AM)Addiction Wrote: [ -> ]you need to give yourself admin access in phpmyadmin
This had nothing to do with admin access, neither do we use PHPMyAdmin.
Not sure why crashed tables would have required a MySQL reinstall but still, if you don't use phpMyAdmin, use whatever you use to manage your database to check the values in the gid column in the mybb_usergroups table... they should be as follows:

1 - Guests
2 - Members
3 - Super Mods
4 - Admins
5 - Awaiting Activation
6 - Moderators
7 - Banned

I think your gids will be a bit different, change them back to these and you should be OK.
Oh I misread, you had to revert to a 4 day old backup to fix it... what actually eld to the initial need to restore anything, crashed tables or the upgrading message?
Well, the tables had crashed, we tried doing several repairs.
MySQL was reporting that the tables couldn't be fixed due permission errors. Because of this, some tables, including datacache, got cleared. After getting MySQL up and running again, MyBB started 'moaning' about the upgrade issue, but each time I went to the /install/ directory (and lock message was not appearing, after renaming the 'lock' file of course), I got the error you can see on top. Nothing seemed to fix it, not even when copying the "version" record from another up-to-date forum into the datacache table. I went looking in init.php and found a line that triggered the error I had. It was indeed version number or something like that that refused to set itself to 1611 or 1.6.11. So I could access the forum after commenting out the line triggering the "upgrade required" error.

After doing that, I tried rebuilding the cache etc in Admin CP. However, didn't seem to work after uncommenting the error-causing line.

I ended up rolling back the database 4 days, so we at least could let users access our forums.
We're still struggling with some strange issues and I still think this is the cause. Users don't seem to be able to upload their avatars.

I did a few tests, and I'm sure that MyBB has write access and such. Apache owns the /var/www/ directory and is able to write there.

If an user is tryign to upload their avatar, it does change the dimensions of your avatar to the dimensions (after possible scaling) that you're trying to upload, but it doesn't write the actual file to your avatar.

In my case, there is an "avatar_1.jpg" in "/uploads/avatars". If I click on "delete avatar" in UserCP settings, the file does really dissapear. So there is no "avatar_1.jpg" anymore.
Then, when trying to upload another avatar, it just creates a new "avatar_1.jpg", but it has the same image as the avatar I already had, with the dimensions of the just uploaded avatar.

I have "php-gd" installed, as well as "mbstring" and some other modules I use, but I don't know which modules I should have installed more. I also removed the @ in front of a few functions in functions_upload.php, but it doesn't report any errors in the "error.log" file. So I'm pretty much stuck. Hopefully any of you can help me, but I'm afraid that a complete reinstall of my forum is pretty much impossible.