MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TEN - minimalistic MyBB theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first ever mybb theme, working on this for last few days:-

[Image: ibkWGDXPEaU5HN.png]

index 1 | index 2 | Registration | Postbit 1 | Postbit 2 | Postbit Classic 1 | Postbit Classic 2

Would love any sort of feedback, thanks.
Very good layout - no elements are distracting or calling attention to themselves.
Very readable.
Obviously a lot of well thought out work has gone into it.

As for personal preference, I feel that the color saturation is a bit weak.
I would download it and tweak a few color related things - just to see.
I'd probably start with the background - maybe add a touch of texture.
For certain I'd increase the #A3A8D5 purple saturation color a tiny bit.
I'd also play with the #FAFAFA white saturation a tiny bit - maybe try a color shade or two added to it.

I'd like to see a little more visual weight, body and substance achieved through saturation, or texture or maybe even border lines.
Out of all those ideas, the implementation of just ONE of them might achieve a less ghostly look.
As I posted, it is personal preference.
And I like what you've done.
I really like the work you've done. It is very content centered, simple, and easy on the eyes.

Nice work. Big Grin
(2013-11-19, 04:24 PM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]Very good layout - no elements are distracting or calling attention to themselves.
Very readable.
Obviously a lot of well thought out work has gone into it.

As for personal preference, I feel that the color saturation is a bit weak.
I would download it and tweak a few color related things - just to see.
I'd probably start with the background - maybe add a touch of texture.
For certain I'd increase the #A3A8D5 purple saturation color a tiny bit.
I'd also play with the #FAFAFA white saturation a tiny bit - maybe try a color shade or two added to it.

I'd like to see a little more visual weight, body and substance achieved through saturation, or texture or maybe even border lines.
Out of all those ideas, the implementation of just ONE of them might achieve a less ghostly look.
As I posted, it is personal preference.
And I like what you've done.
Thanks for the detailed feedback, appreciate it. and yes color saturation can be tweaked according to personal preferences of the user, if somebody wants to.

(2013-11-19, 06:07 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the work you've done. It is very content centered, simple, and easy on the eyes.

Nice work. Big Grin
Thanks for the kind words.
it seems flat to me and if is your first theme is amazingBig Grin