MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so to post an anouncement on the forum it says I need the fid. What is that?
forum id
And if you're not sure where to get that number, put your mouse over "General Support" at the top (where it says MyBB Community Forums / Mybb / General Support) and you'll see "fid=4".  If you wanted to pull announcements from this forum, you would put "4" in that box!  Big Grin
judel Wrote:And if you're not sure where to get that number, put your mouse over "General Support" at the top (where it says MyBB Community Forums / Mybb / General Support) and you'll see "fid=4". If you wanted to pull announcements from this forum, you would put "4" in that box! Big Grin

I created an announcement under fid 76. When I visit that forum, I see the announcement, along with one "regular" thread.

I have entered 76 in the "Forum ID to pull announcements from" field of the portal settings page.

When I view the portal.php page, for some reason I do NOT see the announcement I created, but I DO see the "regular" thread from the forum.

Can anyone help me understand why this is happening, and what I can do to fix this?
The portal only shows threads made in that forum, not announcements. What we call "portal announcements" can be alternatively interpreted as "threads in the announcement forum". Hopefully that clarify things.

The language is kind of confusing, and we apologize for that.
So if I understand this correctly, "forum announcements" show up with in the forums above the threads, and threads show up in the "announcements" area of the portal.

I think I get it now. Thanks!
Exactly.