MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move uploads folder to another hosting/server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

Well, I'm really confused about how to move MyBB "uploads" folder to another place, other hostings...etc

I knew that there have some sections in MyBB AdminCP allow you config this. But, you must use the relative path only! So, it mean impossible to move it...

Anyone can tell me any tricks/hacks or the way (touch to core) to move the "uploads" folder to other hosting, places?

Thanks for reading and Have a good day!
Login to your FTP CLIENT at the root folder mark All the content and zip it after that you are going to download it or if you can't download it, mark the zip file and click copy at the down you we see copy to. Here you we need your new host Ftp servername,username,Password,root folder e.g /public_html Then click Ok after copying it to your new ftp login to your new host at the root folder you we see your new zip file of Mybb. Need your comment befor the next step but you must backup you database

"Sorry the short Tutorial above is for full Migration"

If you wont to move only UPLOADS FOLDER is very simple but you still need your FTP Client detail.
1. Use the best FTP Client
2. Login to your old host at the root folder you we see Uploads
3. Mark the box beside it and scrol up by the right you we see move,copy,delete,rename,chmod. Just click copy, at the down side you we now need your new hosting detail just insert your Ftp
servername,username,Password,root folder e.g /public_html Then go up and click ok that is all Smile
Hi, thanks for your appreciate.
But, I think you are misunderstand what I talked before.

Of course, I know how to move it in "physical way" (everybody knew, if not who will do web?). I want to ask how to configure it after the moving.

Because, as I said you cannot set an absolute path for the upload folder in MyBB settings, you can use relative path only. Then, what happen if I want to move the upload folder to another hosting (because of the uploads folder is too expensive for my cheap money)?
If I understand correctly, you want to configure MyBB to use an external source for uploads, and you want to move your current ones? This is not included by default in MyBB, and I don't know of any plugins to do this. The upload folder itself doesn't matter though.