MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot Post Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just recently installed 1.6.11 yesterday. I am a newbie to MyBB, so please bear with me.
I try to read as much as I can before posting a question to a forum, but am getting pressure from my boss to get a forum up and running very soon so am wondering if someone can help me out.

I initially did have the log-in problem to access the ACP, but was able to resolve the cookie issue after reading the Login/Logout problem post.

My issue now is that I cannot seem to get a user to post a thread in any forum I’ve created.
I created a test user and logged into my forum. When I get inside the forum and click the New Thread button, it brings me to another Login page that says “You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page”.

So, I enter the log-in information again at the bottom of the page and it then brings me to another page that says “You have successfully been logged in and will be taken back to where you came from”.

Which then brings me back to the same Log-in page that says “You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page”.

I did not place any restrictions on any of the forums (that I know of… just used the default settings). I tried adding a test user and assigning it as a Registered user, then when that didn’t work, assigned it to the Super Moderator user to see if that would make a difference.

Also noticed that when I log into the forum, it always remains “Hello There, Guest!”, not the user’s name. And I don’t see anywhere that says Log Out.

My forum is: http://www.aemc.com/caforum/
I currently have it set to disable registrations as I will be setting up users myself.
The test user I have set up:
Username: testing
Password: abc123

Can anyone help?

Thank you.
Still cookie issue - you didn't solve it because of not following that post carefully enough.

var cookieDomain = ".aemc.com";
	var cookiePath = "/caforum/admin/";
	var cookiePrefix = "";

Compare it to that post - it doesn't mention adding admin/ at the end of path. Remove it, check if it's removed in inc/settings.php (if not, remove also there) and retry.
(2013-11-19, 04:25 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Still cookie issue - you didn't solve it because of not following that post carefully enough.

var cookieDomain = ".aemc.com";
	var cookiePath = "/caforum/admin/";
	var cookiePrefix = "";

Compare it to that post - it doesn't mention adding admin/ at the end of path. Remove it, check if it's removed in inc/settings.php (if not, remove also there) and retry.

I used /admin because when I went to the cookie generator link on the discussion page that goes to "What should your MyBB cookie setting be?", that's what it showed for the cookie path.
When I didn't have the /admin there, I couldn't use the Admin Control Panel at all. It just kept asking me to log in, but went no where.
With it there, I can.
I will troubleshoot more on the cookie thing for now I guess...
Well, you can keep the admin/ at the end but it won't let you log in... Simple. I just logged in and posted thread after changing the value to fully proper /caforum/ in Chrome console and it must work in ACP as well.

And the generator failed because you posted wrong link, with /admin at the end.
(2013-11-19, 04:41 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you can keep the admin/ at the end but it won't let you log in... Simple. I just logged in and posted thread after changing the value to fully proper /caforum/ in Chrome console and it must work in ACP as well.

And the generator failed because you posted wrong link, with /admin at the end.

Thanks for your help. I just uploaded a revised settings.php file and I think I am good to go now! Thanks again.