MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Admin, but don't have access...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
by FTP client you mean GoDaddy?

and then how do I know where public_html /inc/ is???
I'm so sorry, feels like I am in a language I don't understand!
(2013-11-23, 09:14 PM)Ananda7 Wrote: [ -> ]by FTP client you mean GoDaddy?

and then how do I know where public_html /inc/ is???
I'm so sorry, feels like I am in a language I don't understand!

No, FileZilla is an FTP client it's used to connect to your webserver so you can view the files and folders in there, see screenshot - hope it helps.
I don't have anything like that.
Is it something I'd need to download?
(2013-11-23, 09:21 PM)Ananda7 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have anything like that.
Is it something I'd need to download?

That would be up to you, as you can I believe make the change through the File Manager in the cPanel.
so yes! how do I just change it in Cpanel?
(2013-11-23, 09:25 PM)Ananda7 Wrote: [ -> ]so yes! how do I just change it in Cpanel?

http://yourdomain.com/cpanel then look for File Manager once in it open the "public_html" folder then go to where your forum is so it will be /public_html/inc/[config file is in here] OR /public_html/your-forums-folder/inc/[config file is in here]
Wow! Yay! Finally! This is what I've been looking for!
Thank you soooo much for all of your help, I reaslly appreciate it!

OK I am in File Manager, & I went to forum, but I can't locate any file that says config

I did however find the banner which is what I wanted to change in the 1st place!
Course now my forum is down since no one, including me Sad can gain access now that I've changed the password...

OK found config!!!! it was in the modules folder!

OK now what...???
^ changed database password should be entered in ./inc/config.php file
$config['database']['password'] = '__________';

however, your original issue was not related to database password. it was about administrator password
and post #2 has link to required guidance
Yay! I did it!
Thank you guys sooo much for your help!
Now, to go address the reason I came here in the first place!

OK back to my original issue:

I followed all the steps, successfully, without knocking my forum off-line this time!!! Yay!

& I put

UPDATE mybb_users SET salt = '', password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6' WHERE uid = '1';

in the correct place & I changed the 'uid' to the old admin's user name and got back an error message saying

#1054 - Unknown column '____' in 'where clause'

Hello...anyone...??? Smile
Hello...? I still need help!!!
Pages: 1 2 3