MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Kudos to Malala Yousafzai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Malala Yousafzai deserves kudos for her bravery and determination. Anything worth having is worth fighting for and she exemplifies this concept. More than anyone she deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. Her story is worth reading and I encourage you to learn more about this heroic young woman.
This is pretty old..over a month now...any particular reason you want to discuss it here?
(2013-11-20, 05:56 PM)Jitendra M Wrote: [ -> ]This is pretty old..over a month now...any particular reason you want to discuss it here?

I posted because I felt this woman’s story deserves recognition and because I felt other people might want to hear it.
She has a very controversial character, as far as I read in various news papers and viewing videos about her: www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-6YV_TFdNk
(2013-11-20, 11:46 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]She has a very controversial character, as far as I read in various news papers and viewing videos about her: www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-6YV_TFdNk

It's culture news bias. From the middle east ~ Africa area I doubt many good things are being said. It's pretty... Interesting to see how the media bias moves region to region.
Interesting to see how the majority of people from the country she belongs is against her. She has a bad rapitude in the top journalist views, moreover she in her book has written many things against Pakistan army.

I, on my side, condole about how she got hit but things she wrote and said has brought her into the controversial stage.
Typically I identify with the underdog and side with them in most situations. Though I would never imply that I have ever endured the same level of adversity as Malala Yousafzai has.

I admire this young woman greatly. Her ability to persevere in the face of tremendous odds is an inspiration to me. I’d like very much to integrate her bravery and tenacity into my own character. I think we could all benefit from emulating her admirable qualities.
I don't think those people who are against her are wrong at all. They highlighted most of the things she wrote controversially in her book. e.g. why she is writing against religious scholars (Ulemas), writing agianst muslim rulers (e.g. Mahmood Ghaznavi), writing against Pakistan army etc. etc. in her book?

Then, IMO, when she was targetted, media said that a bullet hit in her head.. TBH if a person got hit on head then chances of survival is below ~1%, amazingly she survived and now it doesn't feel she had been hit on head. That smells like a drama to me.

I was reading an article telling some truths about her. Many journalist admits that his father was an agent and had many criminal acts against their country's army.
A search for head wound survival rate puts it at 5%.

I haven’t read her book so I can’t comment on that.

Being shot in the head seems like a high price to pay for voicing disagreement.
(2013-11-21, 09:05 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting to see how the majority of people from the country she belongs is against her. She has a bad rapitude in the top journalist views, moreover she in her book has written many things against Pakistan army.

I, on my side, condole about how she got hit but things she wrote and said has brought her into the controversial stage.

Well that does make a lot of sense, look at the american government and snowden. No one likes being criticized.
Pages: 1 2