MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing reCAPTCHA III
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i have recently been hired as a forum helper for this site:
www.fallenangelscommunity.com
and I've been cleaning up alot of their stuff, but one thing that really bugged me was the damn spambots. Now, i figured nothing would happen if i just changed the security questions, but today, a bot registered on the site and made a post. This is seriously bugging me out, so i figured, why not installing a captcha plugin just to make it a little harder for them and maybe they would most likely not pick this forum out to bother.

This is the plugin i want to install: http://mods.mybb.com/view/recaptcha
MyBB Version: 1.6.11
PHP Version: 5.3.22

My question is.. how do i install this? I have no idea where to start out.
I hope i placed this in the right section.. thank you for your time!

~Koga73
if the forum is of latest version (1.6.11) then there is no need to install that ReCaptcha plugin.
MyBB 1.6.11 has the ReCaptcha by default. you have to configure it and add the keys for it

admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> general configuration --> CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting
select ReCaptcha and add the keys
Hello, thanks for the quick answer, that defn deserves a +rep!

But i'm getting this error when trying to register on the forum:

Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated processes.
Input error: Invalid referer

[Image: cx74.png]
it appears that there is a mistake in entering the domain. haven't you entered fallenangelscommunity.com
It works. Thanks for the help man.