MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox, Remove styling from latest thread last post names?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would I go about doing this? I want to remove the styling. Some of my user groups have large fonts and it's a bit over the top in the latest threads side box.

Using my own genius, from ftp > asb > modules > latest_threads.php I tried turning this:

$last_poster_name = format_name($thread['lastposter'], $thread['usergroup'], $thread['displaygroup']);

Into this

$last_poster_name = format_name($thread['lastposter']);

But that screwed up the entire forum. Smile
you can try this --> $last_poster_name = $thread['lastposter'];
AHHH. That's butter .m. Thanks. I was at least on the right track. haha

Okay .m. Hate to bother you again, but is there some easy way to add css to all of the last poster names? I want to add a little 'pop'. Make the author's name stand out a bit, but don't want to use what I have set for groups. Just a standard set of css for all names/groups in sidebox latest threads. Any easy way to do this?
^ navigate to below location
admin panel >> templates >> Global Templates >> asb_latest_threads_last_poster_name
you can add required css style class for {$lastposterlink}

eg. <span class="asb_lastposter">{$lastposterlink}</span> ...
I was trying to apply styles within the php by replacing 'smalltext' like this:

<span class="smalltext"><br />
							{\$last_poster}<br />
							{\$lastpostdate} {\$lastposttime}<br />
							<strong>&raquo; </strong>{\$lang->asb_latest_threads_replies} {\$thread[\'replies\']}<br />
							<strong>&raquo; </strong>{\$lang->asb_latest_threads_views} {\$thread[\'views\']}
						</span>

but it had zero effect. Thanks again for the solution, which worked out great.
There is a setting for the latest thread module that controls whether formatted user names are used or not. Undecided
^ sorry, could not trace such setting ..
Perhaps I am losing my mind, but I could've sworn I added a settin for that (on by default). I'll look.