MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Keep Having To Refresh Page To See New Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys,

Just launched my forum yesterday over at http://www.musclehack.com/forum/

Things are going great except that it's not showing the latest content without having to refresh.

So if I went to my homepage now, it wouldn't be current. If I then hit refresh, it will show the new members, latest posts and so on.

But then if I click into a specific forum, those posts won't be there, until I refresh again. All users are experiencing this and some are thinking that their newly created posts have disappeared.

I'm not sure what is causing this. Any ideas?

Thank you for the great software Smile
in general, most of the forum pages do not refresh themselves. we do not suggest to add
auto refreshing of pages as it could be a data hog for users with low bandwidth internet

you might consider adding a plugin to show latest posts of the forum (it could be ajax based - if available)
No, that's not the issue. The page does autorefresh after posting, but it doesn't show the post. If i click on a link to my forum right now, it won't be showing its current state. I then have to refresh the page for that to show.

If I go into a specific forum now, it will be showing how it looked maybe a few hours ago before I refresh again.
^ I have navigated through your forum and also checked posts of last 24 hours. I could not see any problem ..
(2013-11-21, 04:42 PM)Mark McManus Wrote: [ -> ]No, that's not the issue. The page does autorefresh after posting, but it doesn't show the post. If i click on a link to my forum right now, it won't be showing its current state. I then have to refresh the page for that to show.

If I go into a specific forum now, it will be showing how it looked maybe a few hours ago before I refresh again.

your right I have to refresh to see updated forum counters etc ... could this be browser based as your site appears to work fine for m ?
what browser are you using ?
Hi Jim. I'm using Chrome. How about you?
change the admin directory man I access it man there is a tut on how to change it here
Change the location of the admin directory you mean?
Where is the tutorial? Thanks
Read this

http://community.mybb.com/thread-9991.html

read it it very helpful

Once you do it your forum will be secure as
(2013-11-21, 07:52 PM)Mark McManus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jim. I'm using Chrome. How about you?

I am using chrome (linux chromium and not google chrome) ... I'll try with firefox to see if the error is still there

(2013-11-21, 08:22 PM)tdbnz Wrote: [ -> ]change the admin directory man I access it man there is a tut on how to change it here

what bearing does this have on the issue the OP has ??? can you explain ?
Pages: 1 2