MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post merge time on Mybb forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the post merge time set to on Mybb forum?

It must be more that 24 hours because if my last post was only 25 hours before then my new post will merge with my previous post. Assuming of course that there have been no new posts since my last post.

Thank you for your help.
just my two cents: 8 hours / 12 hours as the post merge time should be sufficient on any community forum
(2013-11-22, 03:17 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]just my two cents: 8 hours / 12 hours as the post merge time should be sufficient on any community forum

Post merge is one of the first things I turned off on my forum. I find it annoying and unnecessary.

@ All
Hoping for an answer to my OP.
It's set to 24 hours.
(2013-11-22, 03:32 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]I find it annoying and unnecessary.

And other people find posts like this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-148124-...pid1048745 annoying and unnecessary. Without merge time there would be 5 impatient 'help me' just in that 1 thread. Imagine more people bumping their threads like that to get faster support. One word - mess.
(2013-11-22, 04:19 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]It's set to 24 hours.

Thanks for the help.

(2013-11-22, 05:16 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-22, 03:32 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]I find it annoying and unnecessary.

And other people find posts like this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-148124-...pid1048745 annoying and unnecessary. Without merge time there would be 5 impatient 'help me' just in that 1 thread. Imagine more people bumping their threads like that to get faster support. One word - mess.

I see your point.

Unfortunately there is no obvious warning that my posts will be merged. And until I asked this question I had no idea that the merge setting was 24 hours. Even if I had known it was 24 hours I still might forget and press the post button and then it’s too late for me to undo the merge. Even if I edit the post and delete the merged portion the edit time is fubar.

And as you can see replying to more than one person does not prevent posts from merging. UGH!