MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display problems with Chrome and Firefox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am getting two different looks with my forums in Chrome and Firefox. The thread/row view is different for those two browsers compared how the forum is displayed in IE. Take a look at these images.

My forum in IE.
[attachment=30586]

My forum in Chrome or Firefox.
[attachment=30587]

My theme is based off of the darkfusion theme and what I believe it does is use two images to create gradient that works in IE but not Chrome or Firefox. I'm hoping this is something I can modify in 'global.css'. If you have some guidance on how to get the same look as I get in IE I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
- Rich -
(2013-11-24, 01:14 AM)Vidiot_X Wrote: [ -> ]If you have some guidance on how to get the same look as I get in IE I would appreciate the help.
Hello, Rich.
I don't know if you already solved the problem, but in my browsers looks ok. Probably is incompatibility with older browsers.
@Flavius Popa

Hi,

Wow, thanks for posting those. You may have caught me removing the trow1/2 images and that's why it all looked right. I really have not found out why it displays so different in IE 9 and I have checked both the CSS and the templates and really found nothing. Removing the images that give it that two tone look (my Chrome/Firefox image) seems to work great for Chrome and Firefox and judging by your pics good in IE 11.

I'm using IE 9 which I guess I should upgrade. I have been keeping it around for backward compatibility testing as I hardly use IE. I had a look at the stats on browser usage and it looks as if hardly anyone is using IE 9 anymore or for that matter IE in general as Firefox and Chrome snap up the lion share of the market. (here and here).

Thank you for posting those as I think I have a better bead on this.

Rock on,
- Rich -
(2013-11-24, 01:14 AM)Vidiot_X Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I am getting two different looks with my forums in Chrome and Firefox. The thread/row view is different for those two browsers compared how the forum is displayed in IE. Take a look at these images.

My forum in IE.

My forum in Chrome or Firefox.

My theme is based off of the darkfusion theme and what I believe it does is use two images to create gradient that works in IE but not Chrome or Firefox. I'm hoping this is something I can modify in 'global.css'. If you have some guidance on how to get the same look as I get in IE I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
- Rich -

Hello , I am newbie here with this forum. The fact, I have also faced same problem with the Firefox and chrome browser. I have received some positive clue here and thanks for the question.
Hi,

So I changed things based on the info by 'Flavius Popa' and came up with a consistent look across the big 3 browsers. I can live with this . Smile

[attachment=30591]

BTW, my site works completely within MyBB using the Page Manager plugin and editing templates. I just love how everything has turned out and perks like banning a rouge user from my entire site. MyBB rocks it.

@shariarkhabir21
NP. Wink

- Rich -
(2013-11-25, 04:13 AM)Vidiot_X Wrote: [ -> ]You may have caught me removing the trow1/2 images and that's why it all looked right.
Oh, I understand. Rolleyes
Judged by these statistics, IE is less used, from month to month, so theoretically, it is advisable to focus on optimal viewing in Chrome and Firefox browsers. Anyway, this is a much more wide discussion. Unfortunately, probably for another 1-2 years, when probably CSS3 and HTML5 will become an generally accepted standard, there will always be trouble in creating an ideal theme, compatible with all browsers.
Sorry because I can't help you more. Good luck.
Sorry, I know this is old, but I have the exact same issue as in the original post with darkfusion. Could you please explain what you did between the time of the original post and when Flavius Popa posted his screenshots?

Thanks a ton!
if you two browsers one might have saved a cache version of your forum that's why it show different design just try clearing the catch in your browser.