MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrating event scheduling program with MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a web program that my users can use to create a scheduled event, and I want the program to create an event in the MyBB calendar, with associated discussion thread in the appropriate forum. Does anyone have any pointers to the best way to do this?

I did this with my previous forum package (phpBB 2.x) by directly creating database entries for the thread. Really a brute force approach that I would like to avoid. I'd prefer an external API type approach if that's possible.

Thanks!

joe
/bump

I'm working on a php script using Snoopy that logs into the site to create the calendar entry. I can log in, but as soon as I fetch calendar.php I loose the login and MyBB thinks I'm a guest again. I must be missing some sort of cookie transfer but I can't figure out where.
Take a look at the Event Thread mod. I know it's not an exact match, but you might find it useful.
I did get this working. Yeah, it was a coding error where I was stomping on the cookies that had the login info. So the script does exactly what I wanted it to do.

Now my next project is to get rid of that event scheduling web app, and convert it to a set of MyBB internal pages...