MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Newb need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I went and bought/registered a domain name on godaddy. I then went and bought hosting on hostgator. Then downloaded mybb.

Now I do not know how to go about putting everything together.

Ughhh
ok i got it mybb onto my site through hostgators quick instal.

however I do i get to the mybb control panel?
(2013-11-24, 09:00 AM)UncleRoosh Wrote: [ -> ]ok i got it mybb onto my site through hostgators quick instal.

however I do i get to the mybb control panel?

It should have provided instructions for you.

Once you login in to your account on your forum, you will see an Admin link.

You can get there manually by going to "www.yoursite.com/admin"

So go to your website, and in the browser bar, apend /admin
ok i was able to login the first time and go to admin link. however i was logged out and now its saying im logging in but then when the page loads im not logged in?

So i am able to get to the main control page. When I try to click something it takes me to the same MyBB log in where I cant login agin.
Edit: delayed response

hmm., we do not suggest using quick install available at web host panel. anyway, see below guidance
Login / Logout problems
(2013-11-24, 09:11 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: delayed response

hmm., we do not suggest using quick install available at web host panel. anyway, see below guidance
Login / Logout problems

I was about to say the same thing (not recommending). But to be clear, it's not that it doesn't work, it just is...

1. Up to developer of the instant-software to update the software (MyBB in this case)
2. More prone to issues (such as this) than manual setup.
i deleted all my cookies and I cant seem to get past the admin page to get to the configuration page.

i read some of the thread you sent me.

seems another guy was having issue.

how do i get to my settings file?
(2013-11-24, 09:28 AM)UncleRoosh Wrote: [ -> ]i deleted all my cookies and I cant seem to get past the admin page to get to the configuration page.

i read some of the thread you sent me.

seems another guy was having issue.

how do i get to my settings file?

If you are using cPanel, you can use the cPanel File Manager.
If not, you have to use FTP (sFTP).
Pages: 1 2