MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBootstrap - Modern and responsive theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Image: mybootstrap.png]

Demo site: http://indiearmory.com/demo

I recently started working on theme for MyBB. I started by simply integrating bootstrap, but then I decided to make best MyBB theme in da world. Here is list of things what I did:
  • Theme is fully responsive and mobile friendly
  • Moved most of javascripts to bottom of site to speed up loading time of site
  • Moved base JQuery and Prototype .js under stylesheets, so now they can load in parallel
  • Made almost entire site image-less (pure CSS buttons, headers and so)
  • Implemented latest Bootstrap framework
  • Started removing tables from entire site (yep, tables sucks)
  • Modified prototype.js to not collide with jquery and Bootstrap
  • Modified some MyBB core files to show nice forum status badges on forum index and forum display
  • Simplified and totally overhauled forum index and forum display
  • Wrapped all logged user options what was before in header displayed next to eachother to dropdown menu
  • Created very nice jumbotron on portal page for registering and forum carousel
  • Created new tabbed user profiles
My ultimate plans:
  • Remove ALL tables from MyBB
  • Remove most of resting images from theme

Actually, my plan is to release this theme when I will finish it as paid (yes paid, becouse I spent a lot of hours working on this and I think thid theme deserve it) theme for start and maybe later make it free.
Looking real good so far. I wish you luck!
Thanks @Roach. Updated some things in theme, like replaced before system of displaying forum bit and forum display threads from pull-right and pull-left classes to Bootstrap grid system, so it is now fully responsive.

Screenshot of theme on mobile:
[Image: b7a5733240c2fead3ebf5ad45f8e9fd3.png]
@Deathbeam: Please, can you adjust those screenshots as thumbnails in your first post?
This theme looks good and has a modern appearance (fully responsive! - great improvement).

L.E.: One single question: you said that your intention is to "Remove ALL tables from MyBB". I suppose that these are replaced with "div's", right?
Did you mean it when you say ALL???
(2013-11-25, 01:16 PM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]@Deathbeam: Please, can you adjust those screenshots as thumbnails in your first post?
This theme looks good and has a modern appearance (fully responsive! - great improvement).

L.E.: One single question: you said that your intention is to "Remove ALL tables from MyBB". I suppose that these are replaced with "div's", right?
Did you mean it when you say ALL???
Oh sorry for that, I will replace that images with thumbmails or links. And yes, I wanna replace ALL tables with Bootstrap Grid system or simply by divs.
(2013-11-25, 01:49 PM)Deathbeam Wrote: [ -> ]I wanna replace ALL tables with Bootstrap Grid system or simply by divs.
This is awesome!!!
(2013-11-25, 02:26 PM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-25, 01:49 PM)Deathbeam Wrote: [ -> ]I wanna replace ALL tables with Bootstrap Grid system or simply by divs.
This is awesome!!!
Thanks Smile Updated OP with some new screenies and replaced that large images with thumbmails.

Forum Index

[Image: 5f92d5138ea723c3d1e464110fca7cdf.png]

Portal

[Image: df466d133171c24181e120381a4e439f.png]

Portal (side menu) and logged user dropdown

[Image: a3b896009fade3781f2cace86fbd4060.png]

Forum display(forum rules and sub forums)

[Image: 595900c040219552a44ef42e7005cee7.png]

Forum display(types of thread status messages)

[Image: a3aaffa5ff506ca25a48c37da6bab900.png]

User Control Panel

[Image: 46f0858c2529964c24d72cd5a85e81d1.png]

User Profile

[Image: 470c5d20dba8769a4320dddc3ea25bcb.png]
Looks very good so far, keep it up. Smile
Great work, buddy.
I love it. Good luck with development.
regards
Making a Bootstrap theme too Smile
It look totally different though, has different features and will be opensource - for 1.8 only.
Interesting to see how other people do it.

Nice to have some competition, good luck to you. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7