MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: just want images to show and not download?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all, so I have the fit on page plugin now working on the black water theme, however, i cant seem to work out how members can click on an attached image and just see it within bb instead of a separate window opening offering downloading of the file,

is there a way to do this or is that just as it is, or am i being really really stupid lol id go with me hahah

anyone???
(2013-11-24, 11:18 PM)markyp77 Wrote: [ -> ][...]how members can click on an attached image and just see it within bb instead of a separate window opening offering downloading of the file[...]
I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but, by default, in MyBB, when a user will click on a thumbnail (images from attachments), the original full image is displayed in a separated window.
Now... if you want that image to be opened in the same page, probably you need to integrate a javascript code (example: Lightbox).

But also, in this case, with right-click, any member will can see the url of your images (and can be downloaded). If you intend to restrict access to downloading images, then you definitely need a plugin (if we NOT REFER to the images from attachments - these may be restricted from Admin CP).
(2013-11-25, 02:03 PM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-24, 11:18 PM)markyp77 Wrote: [ -> ][...]how members can click on an attached image and just see it within bb instead of a separate window opening offering downloading of the file[...]
I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but, by default, in MyBB, when a user will click on a thumbnail (images from attachments), the original full image is displayed in a separated window.
Now... if you want that image to be opened in the same page, probably you need to integrate a javascript code (example: Lightbox).

But also, in this case, with right-click, any member will can see the url of your images (and can be downloaded). If you intend to restrict access to downloading images, then you definitely need a plugin (if we NOT REFER to the images from attachments - these may be restricted from Admin CP).

hi and thanks for the reply, what I mean is I have set in the admin cp for images to be shown full size, however I have fit on page installed, so the pictures resize, when you click on the image a new download window opens which waits for you to confirm and download the file,

all I want is the image to open within another window but that's it, no downloading, if I change the settings to no downloading of files the images do not even show up, I just don't get it!

and even if I use the thumbnail setting for images once the user clicks on the thumbnail it waits confirmation to download file???????????
Same problem here. But there is a workaround; another forum (MyBB) has it set 'somehow' so the picture opens large on a internet page, not have to download. I can't ask her because she is competitive, so...
I use Shadowbox. It's available in the modsection; all you have to do is change compatibility and install - set a few settings and it works right out of the box. It won't work if you use no-follow on urls using seo as Google SEO is using the rel link and shadowbox wants it too.

For this I use thumbnails. I also have a lightbox MyCode that you can wrap around images in posts, but I have that in an apart file of MyCodes. (see attachment).

You don't really need fit on page. You can use css.

.post_body img {
max-width:100%;
}

http://mods.mybb.com/view/shadowbox