MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Whos online full list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone..

I have a little problem, and I cant find a fix to it in the past posts. In my forum when I look at whos online, If the person im viewing has clicked a link that goes outside the forum itself, It shows as unknown location.. Thats not the problem!

The words unknown location is click able, so i can goto the site they are looking at Outside the forum. This to me is a huge invasion of privacy, and i would like to know how to at east stop the hot linking of it.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Dj
The only way that you would see the "Unknown Location" is if you have a plugin (or page) that calls the MyBB system, but it does not report back the location variable. You shouldn't be seeing that if they visit a website outside of your forum although.

I haven't looked into removing it, however you would have to remove it via the .php files since there is no place to do so through the templates of any theme (as it's a core feature).
In the PHP files that are showing that you don't want to can always put
define("NO_ONLINE", 1);
somewhere near the top.
Are you using the safelinks plugin?
(2013-11-26, 06:18 AM)KnownSyntax Wrote: [ -> ]The only way that you would see the "Unknown Location" is if you have a plugin (or page) that calls the MyBB system, but it does not report back the location variable. You shouldn't be seeing that if they visit a website outside of your forum although.

I haven't looked into removing it, however you would have to remove it via the .php files since there is no place to do so through the templates of any theme (as it's a core feature).

Thats just it, no new plugins, But i did upgrade to 1.6.11 and after that we noticed it. hmm

(2013-11-26, 07:40 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]In the PHP files that are showing that you don't want to can always put
define("NO_ONLINE", 1);
somewhere near the top.

Dont that stop everyone from showing though?

(2013-11-26, 10:43 PM)closletr Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the safelinks plugin?

No I am not..

The plugins we use are listed below.. However they are the same ones we used before upgrading. After the upgrade we noticed this was happening. I uninstalled all plugins, and it still did it.
If there is a link on the forum, Even in PM's and a user clicks it, It will show there.

CloudFlare Manager (1.0-beta 3.1)
Edit History Log (1.4)
ezTrader (1.0.2)
Favicon in address bar (1.0.1)
Header Announcements (1.0)
Invitation Plugin (1.3.2)
Link Anonymizer (1.4)
Move Posts (1.1.1)
Multiple Registrations Detector (1.1)
MyBot (1.3)
Page Manager (1.5.2)
Private Message Log (1.1)
Recent Threads Sidebar (1.0)
Advanced Spoiler (1.0)
Thank You/Like System (1.5)
Top Posters (0.1)
Undo Delete (1.2.1)
Wiki (1.0)
does that link appear to normal users ? can we have your forum url
give a test user account if guests can not see who is online page
Yes it does, It shows to everyone.

Being a private site, Im not privy to making that info public. Mods or mybb team no problem.
^ well, you can follow available guidance or wait for staff to offer direct help

just a note: everyone here is a volunteer including the staff. none is obliged to help