MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mark all PMs as read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this option would be nice in 1.8...
I agree!
Very much agreed, there is a plugin for this as well
I agree also
bumping my old thread.

has this functionality been added to 1.8?
Is this really needed in MyBB?
We don't receive so many PMs to have to mark them as read at once.
(2014-07-14, 09:29 PM)Adriano Wrote: [ -> ]Is this really needed in MyBB?
We don't receive so many PMs to have to mark them as read at once.

maybe you don't, but others may. do you happen to run a big board with thousands of users?

I'd don't see why you shouldn't be able to mark all of your unread PMs as read with a check of a box to make the PM notification go away.
(2014-07-14, 09:36 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]maybe you don't, but others may. do you happen to run a big board with thousands of users?
My board has about 250 users so it's not so big. Just wanted to post my view.
I see MyBB's PM system quite differently than email box where we receive many uninteresting messages and advertisements which we may want to mark as read at once. On boards we mainly receive messages with clear purposes and we read them one by one.
Why to mark them all read without reading them?

(2014-07-14, 09:36 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]I'd don't see why you shouldn't be able to mark all of your unread PMs as read with a check of a box to make the PM notification go away.
There is always a "dismiss" button.

I'm not against your idea. This is just my point of view.
(2014-07-14, 09:52 PM)Adriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-14, 09:36 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]maybe you don't, but others may. do you happen to run a big board with thousands of users?
My board has about 250 users so it's not so big. Just wanted to post my view.
I see MyBB's PM system quite differently than email box where we receive many uninteresting messages and advertisements which we may want to mark as read at once. On boards we mainly receive messages with clear purposes and we read them one by one.
Why to mark them all read without reading them?

sometimes it's easier to mark everything as read, especially if it's been replied to already by a fellow admin/mod/user if said admin/mod/user was copied in on the PM, as a quick example.

(2014-07-14, 09:52 PM)Adriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-14, 09:36 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]I'd don't see why you shouldn't be able to mark all of your unread PMs as read with a check of a box to make the PM notification go away.
There is always a "dismiss" button.

I'm not against your idea. This is just my point of view.

understandable.
I do want this. I have experience of running a large forum and used to always see tons of PMs when I first signed in for the day.
Pages: 1 2