MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to install 1.6.11 on Ubuntu Server 13.10.

Cant' find config.default.php and are not abel to run the proposed commands on the CHMOD file side du to other missing files.

I copied over the files to the directory on my Apache server and I have everythin installad on one machine.

jonas@AlbaServer:/$ sudo locate config.default.php
jonas@AlbaServer:/$ sudo chmod 666 inc/config.php inc/settings.php chmod 777 cache cache/themes uploads uploads/avatars
chmod: cannot access ‘inc/config.php’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘inc/settings.php’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘chmod’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘777’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘cache’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘cache/themes’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘uploads’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘uploads/avatars’: No such file or directory

jonas@AlbaServer:/$ sudo chmod 666 inc/config.php inc/settings.php inc/languages/english/*.php inc/languages/english/admin/*.php chmod 777 cache cache/themes uploads uploads/avatars admin/backups
chmod: cannot access ‘inc/config.php’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘inc/settings.php’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘inc/languages/english/*.php’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘inc/languages/english/admin/*.php’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘chmod’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘777’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘cache’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘cache/themes’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘uploads’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘uploads/avatars’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘admin/backups’: No such file or directory
jonas@AlbaServer:/$

Is it relate to 13.10 or did I made any misstakes?

Sincerely,

Jonas
can you use ftp client to check and change CHMOD - see how to chmod if required
First at all, you have to put right permissions to usergroups and users, even if you are an admin.

You have to go to your www location, then you have to enter as admin or since terminal you have to put right permission to your directories, the you have to put your new files on that folder and finally you have to put right permission to each file or folder as MyBB says to make it works.

Then you have to add some directives to your user or usergroups for that directori, because on linux is more restrictive and you have to do this to make it works.

Finally you have to go to your internet explorer, i use mozilla as default and then go to localhost and try to enter to your MyBB script location, then you may to create your database and user with password to make it works with the right permission too. Finally you can install your script withour problems, i don't know if you install every module or some compilation to make your localhost, but on all is the same, you have to put permissions and finally put right permissions on folders as i said, and you have no problem to install or anything else you wanna do.

I use linux and lampp, and i go to my htdocs location and put right permission to files as i wish to be used.