MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just reading up on Wikipedia and was browsing through the MyBB article and saw something about MyBB 1.4 being early development. Just wondering if the version numbering was wrong and if not, what new things might we expect in the upcoming major release (I know it's abit early to ask but my curiosity is getting the better of me Toungue).
MyBB 1.3 is a developer release.
Ah ok thanks destroyer Smile.
Yeah, the version numbers confuse me a bit as well.  If only the even numbers are released to the public, then why was 1.1.x released to us?  Wink  I know it's listed as a security and bug release, but why didn't the version numbers just increase beyond 1.0.4?  i.e. 1.0.5, 1.0.6, etc...
The new versioning system is in use as of version 1.2. That's why. Wink
judel Wrote:Yeah, the version numbers confuse me a bit as well. If only the even numbers are released to the public, then why was 1.1.x released to us? Wink I know it's listed as a security and bug release, but what didn't the version numbers just increase beyond 1.0.4? i.e. 1.0.5, 1.0.6, etc...
Because the 1.0 versioning system was horrible - 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, etc (1.0x). MyBB switched to a more traditional numbering system - 1.1.1, 1.1.2, etc. - as of MyBB 1.1. From 1.2 on, odd numbered major releases - 1.x - would be development releases, and even numbered major releases would be public.
We decided to adopt this idea after the releases of 1.0.x and 1.1.x, so that's why the versioning scheme in the wiki starts at 1.2.0 (it's stated on that page if you read it carefully enough). phpBB releases their product in the same versioning scheme. Once you get your head around it, it isn't that hard to understand Wink
DennisTT Wrote:it isn't that hard to understand Wink

I understand...
Is there a beta version of mybb 1.3 now?
Coder Wrote:I understand...
Is there a beta version of mybb 1.3 now?
It seems that you do not understand Smile

There is no such version as MyBB 1.3. It will never be released to anyone--it is merely how the development version for MyBB 1.4 is coded. As soon as the development version that is now tagged 1.3 is deemed ready for release, the version number will be changed to 1.4.