MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: blank activation emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a rare issue, but over the last month have had 4 users contact me about blank registration emails. So not sure how many it's actually happened to. Got to figure at least 10x that. Not a huge number compared to the amount of registrations, but still.

One user says he had the activation email resent and it came through blank again.

Any idea why this is happening?
Did you put any translations on your board?
The board is available in many different languages. I'm not sure if it's part of the theme or stock myBB. I didn't manually add any languages though.

Okay...I've found that they're missing the activation variables $l['email_activateaccount1']
$l['email_activateaccount2']. Most of the languages are actually missing it. Anyway to easily fix this, or do I need to manually add it into the .php for each language?
Many of the available translations are up-to-date or should at least include the mentioned lines: http://community.mybb.com/thread-114917.html
I use apart... That must have been where the language packs initially came from.

Is there any 'pack' that includes all updated languages. I understand if there's not. I just want to make sure before I put myself through the time of downloading and installing them all.
^ off topic: my two cents on a related issue -:
though most of the language packs might be up to date, it would be better to not use a lot of languages
for the forum. using many languages can be problematic. for eg., plugins do not come with all the languages.
using a couple of languages should be sufficient.

language packs are located at ./inc/languages folder

language pack consists of a php file with language name and a folder
with that language name (eg. deutch_eu.php file & deutch_eu folder)

unwanted language pack can be removed by deleting both the file and
the folder with the specific language name