MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachement error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On occasion some attachements gets x'ed out. I've tried myself and get the x. I have then tried with a image I've been able to attach successfully in the past, and it too get's x'ed out.
There is no error message, no indication of a problem - just a random x'ed out image when posting.

Also, where is the folder that holds attachments? Since there's no watermark feature I want to add a htaccess to prevent hotlinking but haven't been able to locate where the attachments are located...

I still have 1.6.10 which is my original install.
Thanks much!
PinkStar
by default, attachments are stored in uploads folder of your MyBB forum files server
attachments added in November 2013 should be in /uploads/201311 folder

give a test url where attachments thumbnails are missing (if guests can not view it then also give test user account)
Duh I did find the folder after I posted lol

I've clicked through several threads and haven't found the posts with the x'ed out images and my last post I didn't post the attachment since it was x'ed out.
I now tried to edit my last post, added the attachment and now it worked. Same image that didn't work after several tries yesterday. Maybe a host issue? Just find it odd since there's no error.

Thank you
PinkStar
So noone has encountered same or similar issue?