MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suddenly can no longer click on topics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-11-29, 05:55 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you have .htaccess file then rename it as htaccess.txt or htaccess.old and then check

if that doesn't help then give list of active plugins

I don't know where .htaccess would be, I am not familiar with it and don't know where to find it. Sorry--I'm a newbie.

My active plugins are: akismet, guestwarn, fassimantispam, iShare, myadvertsiments, registrationsecurityquestion, stopforumspam and userhomepagecontrol.
if I visit doghealthforums.com/forumlove then instead of showing page not found, it is redirecting to index page.
so the issue is related to redirecting. may be internal SEF URLs are enabled and relevant .htaccess is missed or
.htaccess is present without enabling internal SEF URLs

you can check it at below location. set the option to disabled and save the settings
admin panel >> configuration >> Server and Optimization Options --> Enable search engine friendly URLs?
(2013-11-29, 06:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if I visit doghealthforums.com/forumlove then instead of showing page not found, it is redirecting to index page.
so the issue is related to redirecting. may be internal SEF URLs are enabled and relevant .htaccess is missed or
.htaccess is present without enabling internal SEF URLs

you can check it at below location. set the option to disabled and save the settings
admin panel >> configuration >> Server and Optimization Options --> Enable search engine friendly URLs?

Thank you, but I went to admin panel, conf, SERVER & Optimization, and disabled SEF engine friendly URL's and saved. Is that correct? Then went to the forum and the same issue is there. If I update to the latest version, do you think that would fix the problem?
if you have access to files server then check if .htaccess file exists at the root directory (public_html or www)
if it exists then rename it as suggested earlier.
if you are using a ftp client then you may have to select show hidden files (& dot files)

if you are confused them you may PM me temporary access to admin panel & ftp and change your credentials later
(2013-11-29, 06:51 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you have access to files server then check if .htaccess file exists at the root directory (public_html or www)
if it exists then rename it as suggested earlier.
if you are using a ftp client then you may have to select show hidden files (& dot files)

if you are confused them you may PM me temporary access to admin panel & ftp and change your credentials later

I checked in my root directory and I already have htaccess.text. Sad
^ suggestion is to rename .htaccess file (NOT htaccess.txt file) as a text file or with some other extension
I don't see .htaccess, I only see htaccess.txt, is this a bad sign?
check file permissions of forumdisplay.php file - can be CHMOD 0644
I had to close down the forum, doesn't make any sense to keep it open if people cannot see threadsSad Am losing sleep over thisSad Can't understand how a forum can go from working to being useless overnight. Checked file permission and it's 0644.

(2013-11-29, 08:18 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]check file permissions of forumdisplay.php file - can be CHMOD 0644

.m I sent you a private message, thank you for trying to help me out.
^ referred issue was due to a couple of rewrite rules from the main site's .htaccess - should be resolved now
Pages: 1 2 3