MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Once you delete users, can you recover them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'd like to know once you delete users, are they recoverable or are they gone?

If it's possible to recover them, how?

Thanks
(2013-11-30, 02:19 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]If it's possible to recover them, how?

By default, if a user is deleted in AdminCP, are permanently deleted. I do not think it is possible a complete recovery (especially password), even if some information can be found in logs. So... if you don't have a backup of your database, I do not think that it is possible.
(2013-11-30, 02:36 AM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-30, 02:19 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]If it's possible to recover them, how?

By default, if a user is deleted in AdminCP, are permanently deleted. I do not think it is possible a complete recovery (especially password), even if some information can be found in logs. So... if you don't have a backup of your database, I do not think that it is possible.

If I have a backup, how could I recover them? I know I should have asked this before I deleted them....lol!

The majority of them were spammers. But there were a few that weren't. So the ones that weren't that have legitimate posts, I would rather not delete their posts too. Under their names they are classified as 'unregistered' since I deleted them. So to someone that is a new user, it wouldn't give them a good impression of the site.

There are only a few that I need to recover, or I could start from scratch.

Please advise.

Thanks
if you have a recent database backup then you can remove existing database and import the backup.
which method you have used for the database backup - through web host panel or from MyBB admin panel ?
(2013-11-30, 04:21 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you have a recent database backup then you can remove existing database and import the backup.
which method you have used for the database backup - through web host panel or from MyBB admin panel ?

The MyBB admin panel.
^ you have to log into web host panel, remove existing database, create a new database and import the database
backup in to the new database. finally you have to change database details in ./inc/config.php file