MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global.css missing from ACP after 1.6.11 Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a test forum and a live forum. Before I upgrade the live one, I do the test one. I just updated my test forum and have run into some issues, and don't want to do the live forum until I get them worked out.

My site looked OK before the upgrade from 1610 >> 1611, but I have had issues with my CACHE folders lately. For some reason, they have disappeared and I have had to create them again. Anyway, I did this just before my upgrade to 1611, set them both to (chmod) 777, and the ACP notice about incorrect CHMOD settings on ./CACHE and ./CACHE/IMAGES went away.

So I went ahead with my upgrade, which seemed to go smoothly (aside from this issue, which was corrected). So I activated all my plugins again, and went back to view the forum. It looked terrible -- things jumbled everywhere and no proper images where they should be. I had seen this kind of thing once or twice before, when my CACHE folders were somehow missing or when I had to get into the global.css and save it again (as suggested here), so I referred back to my notes and checked a few things...
  • Checked for presence of CACHE and CACHE/THEMES folders. They were still there and still had the right permissions. I decided to look to see what was in there and found folders for each of my themes. I noticed the folder for the problematic theme was missing its global.css file. Assumed this might be a problem.
  • Tried to regenerate the global.css file by ACP > Templates & Style > Themes > MY_THEME. Looked for the global.css, in order to click it then save it, but global.css was missing. There was an empty row where it should have been listed. See screen shot below.

[Image: no_global_css_zpsfe1fa298.jpg]
I cannot edit the row where global.css should be, or look at its properties -- when I try, I get "You have selected an invalid stylesheet."

Again, I have a live forum also, which is set up the basically the same as the test site... So I tried throwing the global.css from the live site into the CACHE/IMAGES/THEMEx folder... But this did not help, so I deleted it again.

How can I get this back to how it needs to be?

Thank you!

EDIT: Just before I clicked to submit this post, I had one last thought... To Add a Stylesheet to the theme, call it global.css, and then enter in all the code from the corresponding file on my live site. That seemed to resolve the issue... But I'm not sure if this was the best thing for me to do? I still have no global.css file in the CACHE/THEMES/MY_THEME folder (saving global.css in ACP does not generate it), so is this likely to happen again?

There may be differences between the test and live sites, things that I forgot to tweak on one or the other, etc. Would there have been any way to recover, in the case that I did not have another site to take this file from? Thank you!