MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Background Image stretch & colour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

Using information from this forum, I've added a background image to mine.

However, it's not big enough!

So, I need to know:

1) Can a stretch the background to fit each page?

2) How do I add a background colour behind the image?
Therefore, I'd like to use the bottom colour of the green grass, making the background image appear to scroll on.

Help! Forum at vwcamperforum.co.uk
Looks like you've sorted the colour out already. As for the background image itself. I wouldn't recommend stretching the image because its not going to look that great. Some alternatives are to repeat the image which you can do by adding repeat-x to the css for the background image. But again, its might not look that great because the images might not line up correctly. Worth a try though to see how it looks.

One more solution i can think of is to center align the image in its own div, repeat the colour as you have done but make the body colour white. So you would have your image in the center, with the green continuing at the bottom. But a white border either side of the image. This might be the best solution because it would all fit and the white would fit the theme your using.

Good luck!
If you want to stretch your background into size your browser try to add background-size: 100%; inside a body tag at global.css.
Your background will be scalable.
Thank you both for your time and kind replies.

P