MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Permissions - Is there an alternative?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know of an alternative permissions system for mybb? The existing system is bulky, difficult to manage groups efficiently, and IMO a waste of time.
No, there isn't. Quite an obvious question if you ask me. Why would someone create 2 permission systems..?

Once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy.
I don't mean an official secondary system, I mean something more along the lines of an unofficial modification. Having to edit permissions in the layout MyBB uses on each forum individually wastes a great deal of time and causes headaches any time there's an issue.
If you explained the perceived shortconings if the current system one might be able to help you.

Managing permissions on a forum by forum basis is a necessity. Not sure what you would replace this with.
Considering the permissions are checked in a whole load of places, it wouldn't be easy to swap out the logic for something else. The permissions will already inherit and cascade where possible so you shouldn't have to set a million permissions.