MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto post when somthing added to DB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, i have been trying to do this myself but just cant get my head around it so thought i would ask for some help.

I have a database that is automatically populated from my gaming server with players who are banned and what i would like to do is each time a new ban is added to the database have it posted to my forum.

The ban list is not in the same database as mybb although they are on the same host.

Any help with this would be amazing.

Cheers
Smity
anyone?
how are you populating the source DB? is there an RSS feed associated with the DB/ban list?
(2013-12-05, 04:24 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]how are you populating the source DB? is there an RSS feed associated with the DB/ban list?

No RSS feed, its sent directly from the server to the DB as soon as the player is banned.
you will need to edit the code that inserts the ban in the one DB and have it create the post in MyBB.

another option is to create a MyBB task file that will run at a given time and then go grab the new bans and create a post for them. Have it run every hour or so.