MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing a particular text font colour / color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Adding a dark background colour means some of my text isn't showing, as the text is also in a dark colour~!

How do I change the colour of the particular bit of text, as shown in the screenshot - and will it also change any other text colour on my forum.

Many thanks

Phil

www.vwcamperforum.co.uk
[attachment=30625]
Change color attribute of #container in global.css.

May also need to change #container a:link, #container a:visited, #container a:active, #container a:hover
You are special!

Many thanks
Still can't find this in my CSS.
^ #container exists in global.css of your forum's current theme
admin panel >> themes >> forum's active theme (sky theme) >> global.css --> Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode (tab)

you can use browser search facility (eg. press CTRL + F) to find #container or you can add required style properties at
the bottom of global.css , save it and hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on index page to check changes
Still can't find it!

The colour set in all those container fields are #000000 or #ffffff but the colour of the text I want to change is a grey.
^ you can find .forum_legend dd in the global.css (near the bottom) and add color property like below
.forum_legend dd {color: #808080; 

or add below at the bottom of global.css
.forum_legend dd {color: #808080;}

remember hard refreshing browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) after saving changes to global.css
WOW! As always .m. - thank you VERY much!

Happy Christmas to you and yours!