MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [how to?] change the forum top icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have seen a thread shows how to change it but i just can't find it.

how do i change the forum icon? and what does it need to be GIF or PNG

here's what i mean

[Image: ce50b3ba77d454b8767b876dbc09c60b.png]

how do i remove the current one and add a new one, and what should the size be?

thanks in advance
Add favicon.ico to your forum root (where index.php, forumdisplay.php, admin etc. are). You can transform .png etc. into .ico with online converters.
create 16x16 image save it as favicon.png then upload it into /images folder

Now add this code into your headerinclude template
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="images/favicon.png" />
(2013-12-02, 08:40 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]create 16x16 image save it as favicon.png then upload it into /images folder

Now add this code into your headerinclude template
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="images/favicon.png" />

i tried it and it works but there's something wrong with it

the old favicon flashes then disappears, i didn't add the old grey one but i have added a theme before and it came with it

here's a pic [Image: 30a55fcb8ee890d4aad863cb61df653e.gif]

how do i remove the grey one? it came with the old theme i had on the forum

(2013-12-02, 08:31 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Add favicon.ico to your forum root (where index.php, forumdisplay.php, admin etc. are). You can transform .png etc. into .ico with online converters.

repped helping me, although i still have a small issue you can see it on myprevious comment
I don't have this problem on http://phoenixrp.net/. Try CTRL + F5 and SHIFT + F5 on your site. Also make sure to use only one favicon - either favicon.ico (works in all browsers) or favicon.png (doesn't work in older browsers, for example IE 6/7/8/9/10 - here you can see all supported formats by different browsers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon#Fil...at_support).
it works fine now, thanks.