MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UID of new registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every account gets their own UID. Only I've got one problem, we've changed something in the database and changed it back. Only because of this new users get an UID in 2000. While it should be in 1000.

Is there a way to turn this back? That new registered users contuniue with the UID of the last created user? (I've to change the ID back manually now.)

Thanks in advance!

- Giovanni
(2013-12-02, 10:10 PM)Giovanni-DB Wrote: [ -> ]Every account gets their own UID. Only I've got one problem, we've changed something in the database and changed it back. Only because of this new users get an UID in 2000. While it should be in 1000.

Is there a way to turn this back? That new registered users contuniue with the UID of the last created user? (I've to change the ID back manually now.)

Thanks in advance!

- Giovanni

what did you change in the database ?
(2013-12-02, 10:15 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-02, 10:10 PM)Giovanni-DB Wrote: [ -> ]Every account gets their own UID. Only I've got one problem, we've changed something in the database and changed it back. Only because of this new users get an UID in 2000. While it should be in 1000.

Thanks in advance!

- Giovanni

what did you change in the database ?

I changed the UID of one account, but with a typo first. So changed it too 2002 while it should have been 202.

Since that moment all new users started counting their UID after 2002. While they should have been around 1010.

So now I have a huge hole in the user ID's between 1000 and 2000.

I tried by changing all the ID's to the last ID in 1000, so in the database the last ID was 1035. But when a new user registred it recieved the ID 2035.

(Notice: the numbers are only examples.)

- Giovanni
Just wanted to say that the problem is solved. Here is how:

1.) Go to your mybb database.
2.) Go to your mybb_user tabel.
3.) Go to operations.
4.) Change the field by "AUTO_INCREMENT" to the last UID +1.

This also could be usefull for other tables, for example those of the themes. Usefull to prevent having an OCD attack.