MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Images not loading on my theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: qwha.png]

Hello, i recently purchased a VPS and this is my first time hosting a website through a VPS. I've got decent mybb knowledge and AFAIK i cant see anything wrong and have no idea why the images arent loading.

Firstly i thought the image directory was wrong but ive double checked and its right.

Any ideas?

Could it have something to do with the VPS?

EDIT: or maybe its something to do with permissions? What permissions should the themes image folder have?
can we have your forum url
(2013-12-03, 04:39 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can we have your forum url

Its not currently online at the moment. We want to get the site fixed before we put it online.
see required permissions for folders & files --> http://docs.mybb.com/CHMOD_Files.html
(2013-12-03, 04:49 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see required permissions for folders & files --> http://docs.mybb.com/CHMOD_Files.html

Yeah, ive concluded that it is indeed a permission issue. For some reason my server has defaulted all the permissions to 600. Is there any way i can change every single file that i need to 777 at the same time? I'm using filezilla.
(2013-12-03, 04:58 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ please see google search results

Thanks, that sorted out a few of the problems. A few images are loading however the majority of images / backgrounds / gradients and fonts are still not as they should be.

Heres what it looks like at the moment:
[Image: QeXZUnb.png]

And heres what its supposed to look like:
[Image: yBSakmp.png]

Any ideas?
^ check if style sheets are loading - that again appears to be files permissions issue
How do i check if the style sheets are loading? Edit: im pretty sure stylesheets are loading correctly and i think its a permission issue like you said.

Im using filezilla and take a look at this image:
[Image: fyux.png]

when i check the properties of both of these files, they both say they are 777 even though they look different on the image above?

Thoughts?
./cache , ./cache/themes & all subfolders should be writable (CHMOD 0777)

also try this after checking above -:
navigate to themes of your forum in admin panel, open active theme's global.css and without any changes save it
visit your forum's index and hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5)
Pages: 1 2