MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.4 - Quick Edit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When you make a quick edit, would it be possible in 1.4 that the inclusion of things such as the BBCode, URL, Quote, etc buttons appear as well on the small editor. It would be great if it could be Big Grin.
Quick edit is supposed to be just that... quick and simple. It's supposed to be an "on the run" sort of thing - adding those sorts of buttons would make it slower and not as "quick." It would probably be very easy to include the editor on your own - just a template edit or two...
If you want the whole thing, you might find Full Edit more useful Smile
True but Full Edit takes a considerable longer time to load. The buttons are a simple quick and click solution rather then manually typing out the BBCode (call me lazy but oh well Toungue). Any suggestions on code add's to which template?
well i don't see how it would take much longer time to load. vB has buttons on there quick edit and theres only loads up in about 3 secs
I don't want the buttons for quick edit >_>. Then it will not be fast enough.
VB has some bottons in quick edit yet it is fast. Quick is quick. some buttons will make it a little slower,so what? whats the diffrence between 2 seconds and 3 seconds??!
a whole second. FYI, clicking full edit will be the difference between 2 seconds in quick edit and 3 seconds in full edit. Maybe even as fast as quick edit.
I dont get your point. we use quick edit so that we dont have to go to another page. Kind of lively edit. well, if quick means "instant" that is another matter. But as far as I know a little essential botons will do more good than bad.
I think it would be okay with 'basic' buttons: b, i, u, url, img

And if you need more then you can full edit. To me, quick reply/quick edit means that you can do everything right there instead of loading a new page. Just because its 'quick' doesn't mean it has to be lacking...just means that its right there.
Pages: 1 2