MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Needed, Just Changed Host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so here goes.

I just changed my hosting provider following a tut from here & all went as planned, except for one thing.

MyBB is still running off my old DB even though i changed it in inc/config.php and it wont let me upload plugins/images etc to the new db (well it does, it just wont show up on my ACP)

Any ideas how to fix or is this a general DNS issue?
have you checked if the new database details are physically saved in the config.php file ?
Yeah they are all there, could it have something to do with my host only allowing localhost as hostname? Though if that was the case it should by all rights just not work, rather than run off my old db.
if the database details are changed in config.php file then forum should be connected to the new database. there should
be no possibility of connecting to the earlier database. may be better to wait for direct help offer by the support team
Yeah i don't understand why its happened, like you said it should not be possible, but i have checked and double checked.

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
$config['database']['database'] = '367207';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = '367207';
$config['database']['password'] = 'Removed for security';

[Image: eeeba68ea052e8653d6e32036d935b9f.png]
^ have you contacted the new web host and asked for support ?
Just sent them an email, waiting on response now.