MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a IP-B type profile dropdown menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is what it looks like now, it has no sort of drop down function or anything:

[Image: now_zps6cfada8f.png]

This is what the IP-Boards Profile Dropdown does...:

[Image: IP-Boards_zpsea5e227d.png]
[Image: IP-Boards2_zpsd1f19164.png]

This is how I want it to look:

[Image: then_zpsfbef075f.png]

Hopefully someone can help me with this Smile I would love to have this addition on my forum. If I'm able to get this done ill be most happy :yeye:
Doesn't this belong in Theme Support? Anyway, I believe there are some mybb templates which have already copied the IPB style. You can rip the code you need from there, if the license allows you to do so. A quick google search will do I suppose.
(2013-12-05, 12:39 AM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't this belong in Theme Support? Anyway, I believe there are some mybb templates which have already copied the IPB style. You can rip the code you need from there, if the license allows you to do so. A quick google search will do I suppose.

I'm not exactly sure honestly, But If you could help me further it would be much appreciated!
Hey,

I know how to build dropdown menu's, however I don't know how to make it multi-column like your example.

Could you send a link to the example site? Maybe I could help you.
Try to first make a normal dropdown
http://javascript-array.com/scripts/mult...wn_menu/?j

You have my avatar in the screenshot Toungue
http://community.mybb.com/thread-129440-...pid1023952
possible...
but I think you have to implement it yourself...
Thing is typical feature premium theme...

big problem to do this is language file...
or need edit global.lang.php (i not recomend) or need create plugin to insert new language file...
unless you use just one language in your forum

in my forum i use simple dropdown
[Image: 1pp5sAF.png]
I have implemented these dropdowns successfully on the themes I have made. Now just google for a JQuery dropdown menu and learn a bit about Jquery selectors and then use it. Once you understand the dropdown, there is nothing left except CSS and HTML coding for that menu. You can use two div to get it, or for easier method [not recommending it] use a table with all the borders hidden.

Problems:- Jquery is prone to conflicts, read the conflict resolving guide. As a short cut I replace $ in jQuery with jQuery.
2- In IPB if you see once you click on an element it's background changes. For this to work you need few more lines of code. You need to basic add a class like active once the element is clicked. It takes a good lot of effort, and I have actually replaced it with a simpler menu. Seems my guys like it simple.
3- Do not use too much jQuery, it increases loading time and your speed ranks in google will drop. Read defer loading guide to rectify this. Always use the document ready function in the jQuery.

Simple method to get an IPB style thing:- Purchase a theme from envira, it has it or hire a designer.
OR, find the VB NavBar tutorial, look at his code and jQuery, try and understand it and re-implement it.
(2013-12-05, 01:58 AM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]Try to first make a normal dropdown
http://javascript-array.com/scripts/mult...wn_menu/?j

You have my avatar in the screenshot Toungue

I know you make themes, and I was told that it requires editing the theme itself to do such a thing... Is there anyway you could possibly do this for me? It would be much appreciated, Honestly... I'm not that good at editing files unless I have step-by-step instructions..
I am once again looking for someone who can help me do this, except now I am using the default theme on version 1.6 creating a custom theme to save myself some money.

Anyone?
(2014-11-24, 02:10 AM)Kioshi Wrote: [ -> ]I am once again looking for someone who can help me do this, except now I am using the default theme on version 1.6 creating a custom theme to save myself some money.

Anyone?

Hi, I know HTML/CSS at an intermediate level, however I only use XHTML 1.0 standards and not HTML5, so I do not know the newer html5 standards.

I personally make my own drop down menu's with pure CSS. No JQuery or Javascript, because they put unnecessary strain and make the page load slow.

Here is a great example of what someone else has made with pure CSS: http://cssdeck.com/labs/pure-css3-smooth-drop-down-menu