MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: previewing post in subject line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
would there be any way to make it so that the body message shows up as the subject in the thread navigator. I would like the format to be more linear, where people can just go down the page to read the verious threads

or better, a preview of the body in the subject line would be ideal
I'm a little confused as to what you are requesting. Can you provide a screenshot of what you are referring to?

The phpBB mod you linked to is a feature in MyBB. If you do not enter a subject for your reply (like if you use quick reply) a post subject is automatically added in for you.
I would like the beginning of a post to be the subject automatically for starting new threads. Does this make sense?
In the actual message, you mean?
Tikitiki Wrote:In the actual message, you mean?

the beginning of the posted message...so the subject acts as a preview to the actual post
anyone have any idea or need further clarification. It is really essential to the adoption of my board to rhis particular user audience
Erm. Care to elaborate or even share an example?
I believe he means:

When starting a new thread you currently need to fill in the subject box other wise you cannot create a new thread. Is it possible to have this subject box automatically filled in with the first X amount of characters from the actual post.

There for giving a preview of what the thread is about by looking down the thread list.
Logically, if someone create a new thread*, it should write new subject(=thread).
Sye Wrote:I believe he means:

When starting a new thread you currently need to fill in the subject box other wise you cannot create a new thread. Is it possible to have this subject box automatically filled in with the first X amount of characters from the actual post.

There for giving a preview of what the thread is about by looking down the thread list.

this is exactly what I am looking for, thanks for clarifying for everyone
Pages: 1 2