MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Similar Threads Relevancy Rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Similar Threads Relevancy Rating
This allows you to limit similar threads to ones more relevant (0 being not relevant). This number should not be over 10 and should not be set low (<5) for large forums. Does not apply to PgSQL databases.

Guys I have this set up at 5 is it fine or what setting do your recommend???
If your forum isn't big and you're not close to exceeding your hosting limits - 5 should be totally fine.
(2013-12-05, 11:09 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]If your forum isn't big and you're not close to exceeding your hosting limits - 5 should be totally fine.

Thanks very much could you please explain a little bit more about it what negative effect this can have on my server if I keep it at 5?
Concerning your forum - most likely none, unless you use another heavy script(s) on your server. 1161 threads isn't a big amount, so medium relevancy seems just good. I think even 2-4 wouldn't cause any trouble in your case.
So the higher the number the more stress it puts on the server?
^ yes. at present you can safely use any number (1 through 10) on your forum - however general preference can be 5
Thanks very much