MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Country Flag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Country Flag 1.3

Description:
Allows users to display their countries' flag on posts, profile and member list.

Features:
  • Country flags are shown on the postbit, member list and in a user's profile.
  • The field can be set to either be either required or optional.
  • 250 countries are included, and all flag icons are up-to-date with that countries' current flag as of 2014.
  • Full language support (including country names).

Additional Information:
I created this as a replacement plugin for an older country flag plugin that was causing me problems. This version works different from others as it doesn't use a profile field (it works similar to my Mood Manager plugin).

Credits:
Flag Icons are by Osiris_TSGK and can be downloaded here:
http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=4921
(Warning: large image load time)

Download & Screenshots:
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=55
https://github.com/Starpaul20/Country-Flag

You can find the MyBB 1.6 version of this plugin here.
Approved Smile
Good work as usual Starpaul20! But it can be done using profile fields quite easily. What I was thinking to have such a plugin is automatic country flag based on IP.
Well done, well about Yaldaram i think more users use a bassed ip conection, but sometimes users like me stay on another countries and it's a shame i take another country flag that was not mine, but i prefer to do it sometimes for myself some changes on files, but a lot of users prefers to do it all automatically.

But the idea to get on ip bassed country flag as explorer and OS maybe was a better idea and put this data on some kind of field on database instead posts to make it more better to much users xD.
I am running myBB 1.6.11 and when I attempt to install this mod I receive the following errors:

Quote:Warning [2] include(/home/coffeeti/public_html//inc/adminfunctions_templates.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 496 - File: inc/plugins/country.php PHP 5.4.22 (Linux)

Warning [2] include(): Failed opening '/home/coffeeti/public_html//inc/adminfunctions_templates.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/php') - Line: 496 - File: inc/plugins/country.php PHP 5.4.22 (Linux)

Can you help me with what I may be doing incorrectly, please?
is there also a way to set the flags before names instead after the names?
(2013-12-09, 08:19 PM)Klozter Wrote: [ -> ]I am running myBB 1.6.11 and when I attempt to install this mod I receive the following errors:

Quote:Warning [2] include(/home/coffeeti/public_html//inc/adminfunctions_templates.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 496 - File: inc/plugins/country.php PHP 5.4.22 (Linux)

Warning [2] include(): Failed opening '/home/coffeeti/public_html//inc/adminfunctions_templates.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/php') - Line: 496 - File: inc/plugins/country.php PHP 5.4.22 (Linux)

Can you help me with what I may be doing incorrectly, please?

Sound like your inc/adminfunctions_templates.php file is missing. You'll need to upload it from the MyBB files.

(2013-12-09, 11:42 PM)Wazzyl Wrote: [ -> ]is there also a way to set the flags before names instead after the names?

Yes. For the member list, edit the memberlist_user template, find {$user['usercountry']} and move it before {$user['profilelink']}.

For user profiles, edit the member_profile template, find {$usercountry} and move it before <strong>{$formattedname}</strong>.
Starpaul20, that was it, thank you! Now the only other question I have is where do members go to add a flag? I set mine in the ACP in the Users area and made the change in the edit section for me. Members cannot access the ACP, obviously, so where will they find the option to add a flag for their self? I could not find the option in the Edit Profile section.
The option is suppose to be under Edit Profile. If they aren't appearing, try deactivating then reactivating the plugin.
I tried again and it is still not showing. I deactivated and then Activated as you mentioned.
I still do not see it anywhere. I can edit manually in the ACP, but not in the forum, itself as you have mentioned.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9