MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to add a CSS class to an installed theme...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...Its name is Verque, and I installed it via the XML file.

I'm now trying to make some changes in the theme. The problem seems to be that the subforum headers listed on the main forum, and the buttons at the end of a post, are both of class post_management_buttons, so I can't change one without changing the other. (I get this information from Inspect element in Google Chrome. Inspect element thinks that the class of the subforum headers is actually of class forums, but it doesn't use the link color for class forums.)

I thought I would change the template files to give the subforum headers a distinct class I could control, but I don't know where these are. The Verque theme installs via XML, so I never did see the HTML files specifically for it. I just downloaded my entire forum to my PC and did a grep; can't find any HTML files that clearly belong to Verque.

So what I'm trying now is to edit the relevant HTML file to contain my class... but if there's another way to make these 2 types of elements have different colors, I'd go for that too.

Thanks --
Acad

(Above was edited -- I now get that the template files are HTML, not PHP.)
Why do you need PHP files? They have (almost) nothing to do with design. Everything is in the .xml file and after importing also in ACP -> Themes & Templates -> Templates. I suggest to read these:
http://docs.mybb.com/Admin_CP_Templates.html
http://docs.mybb.com/Admin_CP_Themes.html
The reason I am looking at the HTML files is that I have found that two very different parts of the forum -- the post management buttons in the thread, and the list of subforums on the main page -- are of the same class, using the same link attributes from that class; and I want them to have different link attributes. I'd be happy to find a less troublesome way to do this.

...but in any case I'll soon need to know why some of the buttons do nothing in this theme, but work fine in the Default theme.

Oh, I see that the template files are .html, not .php. The same problem applies: finding the relevant code. But I will edit my question.

Here were the best answers I could come up with (and I have been able to resolve my problems based on them):

I could load the XML file in an editor and search for specific words, if I knew them.

I could browse the Template files for the theme one by one in Admin, guessing which ones were relevant.

So I'll consider this one resolved.

Best,
Acad