MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to track other websites visitors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello is there any way to track other website visitors. from where they are coming from..
signup with a web tracking analysis program (eg. google analytics, statCounter, histats, ...) and follow their instructions
no its not, I want to track other website visitors to get a idea from where they coming from .
You want to track another website's visitors? Not your own website's visitors?
Unless you have access to install the analytics tracking code it is not possible.
If you want to see where people are coming to your website from most browsers send a "Referer" header. A quick google of 'php referer header" ought to show you how to check it.

And yes, it's spelled 'referer.'
(2013-12-08, 07:59 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]And yes, it's spelled 'referer.'

I remember when I was beginning PHP and it took me about an hour to figure that out.
I just want to track a website from where the site gets visitors.
Any software for that ?
But beware sometimes Referer and IP headers can be faked easily or simply removed.
(2013-12-08, 12:49 PM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you have access to install the analytics tracking code it is not possible.

Or can ask the person who added the analytic code for access Toungue