MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integration with Static Content?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have a question, if this is the wrong place for a post like this please feel free to move it.

I currently run a membership website that contains roughly 500 pages of static content.

I'm interested in adding a forum to the community and MyBB looks like the perfect fit.

I'm wondering if there is any way to integrate MyBB with the static content already in place. For example, adding comment sections to the existing articles where users would use their same MyBB info to post. The membership software I use already integrates with MyBB so that should not be an issue.

Basically I'm thinking the only ways would be to plug all the content into MyBB which isn't really an issue as it would break various site features. Or, alternatively doing something like using iframes to create a new forum post that is integrated with each articles...seems messy.

Any suggestions?
The best process, IMO, would be to migrate all of your static pages to MyBB static pages (I assume the conversion would be from HTML pages?). Doing this will probably require some HTACCESS modifications so your subscribers wouldn't notice the changes.

Then you can write over MyBB using the plugin system to add features to those pages.

Hope I was clear.