MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys iam using phpbb forums and now i am gonna install MyBB but i want to have all topics and registered members and everything same as phpbb in new mybb forums i have exported the database using phpmyadmin what else i need to do ?
so i will get same Forums as MyBB nothing like PhpBB right?
yes. you have to install MyBB, upload the merge system and then run merge system
oh i got forums in "Forum" Directory so i should install mybb in "Forums" Directory then Run Merge System then select Phpbb as a database? and after all done change board url and cookies to "Forum" and rename phpbb forums to forumz or something and name mybb merge system to "Forum" right?
^ well, you do not need phpBB forum installed - only its database required. however you can do exactly as you said Smile
i did all things but i got no posts or threads restored all users are there not posts and thread's

weird thing is this that on all forums it says 0 posts and things but i clicked on my user then click on show all threads posted by this user then it shows all threads posted by me and i can see that posts but in main index it dosent show :/
^ admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> Recount & Rebuild --> run all (one by one)

see also this --> Common SQL Queries post Merge
thanks