MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post icons Strange STUFF!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Strange thing I have removed post icons but somehow spambots add icons and they show in postbit how is it possible?
It is possible if you just remove the code from template. Bots know the default input names and insert the icon regardless of whether the inputs are hidden or not. Users can do the same if they're experienced with MyBB/PHP.

You will have to remove the PHP ($mybb->input etc.) for icons in editpost/newreply/newthread for it as well if you want to get rid of it completely and this may take a while.
Thanks D666. I have used this tutorial to remove post icons: http://community.mybb.com/thread-90769.html

Could you please tell me what code should I have to remove and from which files to completely get rid of icons?
Find and remove {$post['icon']} from the postbit and postbit_classic templates. I'll add that to the tutorial later.

For any practical matter post icons are completely gone. But, of course, technically this just hides the icons away. The code for post icons still lies deep within MyBB and bots can set post icons, as Destroy666 explained. Pursuing that would be pointless though. Hiding all instances of post icons does the job.
Thanks very much @Fábio Maia