MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Editing the portalpage, some help needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Ive just installed myBB, and things are working out quite good. Some troubles of course, but nothing major, I think. Now, we wanted to have a portal system on our board. We see that myBB has a board system out of the box, so we start dancing all over the place.

Okay, but then the problems starts.

First, the portal lies in www.externalhost.org named as index.php, to make it the index page without any redirects.
The forum lies in the path www.extarnalhost.org/forum.

So, I change this bit
// set the path to your forums directory here (without trailing slash)
$forumdir = "./forum";
And everything looks okay. Except the URLs are all crazy. The show new posts and new threads doesnt work at all. The URL is http://www.externalhost.org/search.php?action=getnew , which is totally wrong, it should be http://www.gwnorge.org/forum/search.php?action=getnew as far as I can see/understand.

So, how do I make the "header" links use the correct paths?

And also, im quite shocked to see that I have to edit the HTML through the admin interface. I cant really understand why the HTMl just isnt in the portal.php, but I guess there is some smartass reason for that.

But ye, generally, could someone explain to me how I can make the links point to the right path?
Within your templates -> Modify / Delete -> *your template* -> header_welcomeblock_member
Find:
<a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 170, 300);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a>
Change to:
<a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 170, 300);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a>
Also find:
<a href="search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a> | <a href="search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a> | <a href="private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> 
Change to:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> 
I see this as a bug and will be fixed.

The way MyBB has it's templates now is because of easy editing, no need to reupload the templates every time you make a edit to them. Not everyone knows how to edit a php file you know, more people know html then people know php. We can't satisfy everyone with this system though. That's just how it is. But when you understand how it works and such you will probably like it.
Thanks, it did the job =)
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.