MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: meta tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi. i hear about google seo plugin but i want to do that by myself. how can i put canonical & description tags in post header?
and description only in home page and forum page?
You would need to do this with a plugin, either the Google one or one you make yourself. The header is a static template that is changed via the MyBB system (and plugins). Currently you'd be stuck with all of the same meta tags regardless of page, topic, or anything else if you edited your header template (for each theme possible).
okay, let's say I use "google seo plugin".. It does not add description tag to the main page
(2013-12-09, 04:36 PM)oded050 Wrote: [ -> ]okay, let's say I use "google seo plugin".. It does not add description tag to the main page

on main page is very easy add...

in "index" templates

find

<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>

add after

<meta name="keywords" content="your keywords here" />
<meta name="description" content="your description here" />
<link rel="canonical" href="link of your top page of your forum"/>
Add this to your showthread template just above </head>
<a rel="canonical" href="{$settings['bburl']}/thread-{$thread['tid']}.html"></a>
(2013-12-09, 05:08 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Add this to your showthread template just above </head>
<a rel="canonical" href="{$settings['bburl']}/thread-{$thread['tid']}.html"></a>

not need this...
his use google seo plugin...

need only in index page (main page)...
@martec you are wrong
Quote:hi. i hear about google seo plugin but i want to do that by myself. how can i put canonical & description tags in post header?

He wants to add canonical & description tags in postbit header!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do you even need canonical in the index page fix your wrong code!
(2013-12-10, 11:19 AM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]@martec you are wrong
Quote:hi. i hear about google seo plugin but i want to do that by myself. how can i put canonical & description tags in post header?

He wants to add canonical & description tags in postbit header!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do you even need canonical in the index page fix your wrong code!

??
he already use google seo plugin.
plugin put this code in showthread template... why he need repeat same code twice?

and...

(2013-12-09, 04:36 PM)oded050 Wrote: [ -> ]okay, let's say I use "google seo plugin".. It does not add description tag to the main page

he said...
plugin not add in main page (index)...
yes... google seo plugin not add in main page...
Anyways if I am wrong thanks for correcting me