MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Hand Holding From Step 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I believe I have downloaded mybb several times on both my Linux machine and my Windows machine. I think I have done the right things with FileZilla to upload and unzip. but when I type in mutedseller.com/forum2/install, I get page not found.

Is there anybody who has the time and patience to try to walk mythrough it step by step.

I am not sure I ameven recognizing the right downloads to unzip.
Can you printscreen here you've got the files? They likely aren't in the right place.
(2013-12-10, 08:51 AM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you printscreen here you've got the files? They likely aren't in the right place.

The problem is I really know what the files would look like or even where to look.
But for now it is a moot point. AN adminmof a forum I moderate is going to set it up.

All this so I can decide whether I like mybb better than phpbb or SMF.
the best way to install mybb as well as WordPress or any other software is in cpanel. there should be an auto installers built into your cpanel eg softaculous.

i really couldnt bother with all the hassle of not using a one click installer.

hope this helps
(2013-12-10, 07:32 PM)xekuter50 Wrote: [ -> ]the best way to install mybb as well as WordPress or any other software is in cpanel. there should be an auto installers built into your cpanel eg softaculous.

i really couldnt bother with all the hassle of not using a one click installer.

hope this helps
I am using GoDaddy and not sure they have a one click installer.
Have you uploaded the files to the correct place (inside of the public_html, or htdocs folder)?
Have you also made sure that inside of that you have created a folder/directory called "forum2" and then moved (or uploaded everything into that)?

Show us a screenshot of your files in the FileZilla window that are uploaded, so we can help you out better.
(2013-12-10, 11:52 PM)KnownSyntax Wrote: [ -> ]Have you uploaded the files to the correct place (inside of the public_html, or htdocs folder)?
Have you also made sure that inside of that you have created a folder/directory called "forum2" and then moved (or uploaded everything into that)?

Show us a screenshot of your files in the FileZilla window that are uploaded, so we can help you out better.

Hope this screen shot tells you somethig.
Based on your attachment, I visited:

http://mutedseller.com/Upload/install/

If you do that as well. you'll see the install wizard. You'll also see this advice:

Quote:"MyBB has detected that it is running from the "Upload" directory.

While there is nothing wrong with this, it is recommended that your upload the contents of the "Upload" directory and not the directory itself.

For more information please see the MyBB Docs."
(2013-12-11, 06:10 AM)Dave H Wrote: [ -> ]Based on your attachment, I visited:

If you do that as well. you'll see the install wizard. You'll also see this advice:

While there is nothing wrong with this, it is recommended that your upload the contents of the "Upload" directory and not the directory itself.

Please forgive my ignorance. Do you mean I shouldvdrag and drop each individual file?

(2013-12-11, 06:27 AM)mutedseller Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-11, 06:10 AM)Dave H Wrote: [ -> ]Based on your attachment, I visited:

Please forgive my ignorance. Do you mean I shouldvdrag and drop each individual file?

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. And I did mean to shout. I did not realize that I needed to type upload/install. I tried everything else. Too tired to fool with it any more tonight. But you got me on the right track.

I have been trying for several days and many calls to GoDaddy, and you are the first to show me what to type. I am not real pleased with them ATM. Thinking of going with BlueHost instead. Any thoughts anybody.
^ you can select all folders & files in upload folder and drag & drop to higher level folder
or if you want MyBB forum in a folder then you can rename Upload folder as community or forum or discuss ..
etc and run the installation script
Pages: 1 2