MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group Post CSS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2019-06-09, 03:51 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]@vintagedaddy, i have just installed this plugin, the part with Postbit message css won't work on my forum.

However,that isn't a problem, i am looking for something different as posted in the following screenshot.

Is it possibile to add a frame around the user's post,using CSS?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

I am currently without a laptop to have a look at your site and such as I need to get around to making sure I replace my currently broken wifi/bluetooth cable, but  it sounds like one of two possible theme specific conflicts, one being either existing css overriding the plugin css and how to override that is described in the plugin info found on the mods site, or two, you have highly modified postbits that for some reason have not allowed the the plugin template edits to install and that would have to be corrected manually for any of the 7 postbit template edits the plugin makes. This sounds like a high probability seeing that if memory serves correctly, I remember that your theme has a ton of edits/tweaks and modifications. As for your request, well, yeah, anything is possible..., and yes the plugin could be modified for your specific request purpose, though, as I mentioned I am currently without a laptop or alot of free time to focus on this for you at the moment let alone the fact that I rarely use MyBB any more  being just some of the many reasons I have not been so active in the community much as of late.
(2019-06-16, 07:57 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-09, 03:51 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]@vintagedaddy, i have just installed this plugin, the part with Postbit message css won't work on my forum.

However,that isn't a problem, i am looking for something different as posted in the following screenshot.

Thankyou.

I am currently without a laptop to have a look at your site and such as I need to get around to making sure I replace my currently broken wifi/bluetooth cable, but  it sounds like one of two possible theme specific conflicts, one being either existing css overriding the plugin css and how to override that is described in the plugin info found on the mods site, or two, you have highly modified postbits that for some reason have not allowed the the plugin template edits to install and that would have to be corrected manually for any of the 7 postbit template edits the plugin makes. This sounds like a high probability seeing that if memory serves correctly, I remember that your theme has a ton of edits/tweaks and modifications. As for your request, well, yeah, anything is possible..., and yes the plugin could be modified for your specific request purpose, though, as I mentioned I am currently without a laptop or alot of free time to focus on this for you at the moment let alone the fact that I rarely use MyBB any more  being just some of the many reasons I have not been so active in the community much as of late.

Thankyou for replying,i'm not in hurry for this.

I wish you the very best of luck.
(2019-06-16, 12:21 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-16, 07:57 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Thankyou.

Thankyou for replying,i'm not in hurry for this.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Thanks for the understanding. Anyhoo, I got around to repairing the laptop today as you can see:

[Image: 352kvpd.jpg]

Now, hopefully I can get around to finding some free time soon to focus on mybb, primarily most likely existing project updates seeing how we just had a product update ".21" a few days ago. Wink
Good luck!

Best regards. Smile
I still hope.
(2019-07-12, 12:36 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]I still hope.

Sorry rather busy with other things irl but let me try and see if I am understanding your request correctly. Primarily you want something similar to the plugin functionality but intead of controlling 3 areas in css you would like to control only one and that would be to highlight the post border based on gid? Is that correct? Also since your theme was highly customized you mention that the template side of the existing plugin was not functioning and or existing theme specific css was overriding the plugin css? Correct? Seeing as it has been awhile since I have looked at various elements in your theme, I would need a closer look under the hood and for that factor I would need you to export your theme for me so I can test said modified plugin request if and or when I get the free time to do so.

Or you could simply diy via css for your specific purposes for a simple example:

[Image: 2cwwen5.png]

Add to global.css:

/** Gid Postbody Border CSS  **/

.gidpostbody {
}

.gidpostbody_4 {
   border: 1px solid #008000;
}

.gidpostbody_4:hover {
   border: 2px solid #008000;
}

.gidpostbody_6 {
   border: 1px solid #CC00CC;
}

.gidpostbody_6:hover {
   border: 2px solid #CC00CC;
}

.gidpostbody_3 {
   border: 1px solid #CC00CC;
}

.gidpostbody_3:hover {
   border: 2px solid #CC00CC;
}

.gidpostbody_2 {
   border: 1px solid #0072BF;
}

.gidpostbody_2:hover {
   border: 2px solid #0072BF;
}

** You would then edit, add, modify to reflect your existing gid #s as you have done with my other previous gid based tutorials...

In postbit template:

Find:
<div class="post {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">

Replace:
<div class="post {$unapproved_shade} gidpostbody gidpostbody_{$usergroup['gid']}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">

In postbit classic template:

Find:
<div class="post classic {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">

Replace:
<div class="post classic {$unapproved_shade} gidpostbody gidpostbody_{$usergroup['gid']}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">

The aforementioned method can now be found in the tutorial section: https://community.mybb.com/thread-223889...pid1332879

If that works for you, lemme know and I will disregard the plugin modification request as free time is rather valuable and limited as of late.
Working like a charm and without plugin.

Really helpful man, will offer you a coffee for sure.

I just activated it only for staff members and without the hover function.
(2019-07-14, 09:29 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Working like a charm and without plugin.

Really helpful man, will offer you a coffee for sure.

I just activated it only for staff members and without the hover function.

Cool beans, no worries, glad you got it sorted. Cool  Yep, I only added the hover just to give you a rough idea that the basic example can be expanded upon as per your likings and specific requirements.
Coffee offered!

Thankyou.
(2019-07-17, 09:44 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Coffee offered!

Thankyou.

Cool beans, thanks for that. Cool  Just a reminder, that you can find the previous information from now on in the tutorial section here: https://community.mybb.com/thread-223889...pid1332879
Pages: 1 2 3